Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Sick

Well, I am in the hospital. Again. Only this time they admitted me. They would have done so last night, but we figured there wasn't much else for them to do for me. Until I started throwing up again this morning and it didn't stop. They said it might be the flu, but they haven't swabbed me, so they can't be too concerned about it. So at this point it's just crazy pregnancy hormones, probably made worse by my undiagnosed medical problems, which we speculate to be a nerve issue. I'm feeling a lot better now, but it seems to random. The meds they gave me didn't immediately make me better, I was actually asking for morphine because I was so uncomfortable. But then, after being transferred upstairs and admitted, I vomited one final time and suddenly I felt better. No more chest pain, no more back pain, no more vomiting. The worst parts about all of this have been the esophageal pain caused by the excessive vomiting, which makes it painful to breathe, and how extremely sensitive I am to the touch. I have to take off my clothes and put my hair up, because the weight of even my hair is painful. And so far I haven't heard any hypotheses about what could be causing this. What I do know is that if this is going to continue throughout my pregnancy it's not going to be any fun at all.

They haven't checked on the baby, but my midwife is supposed to stop by tomorrow morning, and I'll ask her what she thinks. I'm on a clear liquid diet, and have been able to keep down a little bit of Sprite (knock on wood). I have some jello I might try in a little bit, but it's a scary prospect that I might eat and get sick again. I think it's time to try to get some sleep.

0 comments:

Post a Comment