Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pregnancy Resolutions

I'm not exactly the healthiest person, so in order to give my baby the best possible pre-natal gifts, I am making some pregnancy resolutions.

1. I will take my prenatal vitamin every day (I didn't say they would be hard).
2. I will follow the recommended pregnancy diet, increasing the amount of fruits, vegetables, and complex carbohydrates that I eat, while decreasing the amount of sugar and useless calories that make up more of my diet than I want to own up to.
3. I will walk for 30 minutes every day, barring illness or other circumstances that prevent me.
4. I will do a yoga workout 3-4 times a week.
5. I will do 30 minutes of some other form of cardio twice a week, coupled with some form of strengthening exercise.
6. I will remember to do kegels.
7. I will be in bed by midnight (fat chance, but hey).
8. I will drink lots of water, eliminating as many sugary drinks as I can.

That's it for now. I'm already hard at work on walking and drinking water. I've been better about what I eat, though part of that is because I don't have much of an appetite, even when I'm hungry. I was on a yoga routine before and it was amazing how good it made me feel, so I'm looking forward to starting it up again. The hardest part for me is going to be getting my extra cardio and strength training in and going to bed on time. But my baby deserves the best I can offer, and this is it. I'm not in great shape now, so I won't be overdoing it, but the thought of going through labor in the body I have now is daunting, because I have no strength and no stamina.

I'm hungry now. Time to feed the baby.

0 comments:

Post a Comment