Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Matters of Health

How I feel continues to vary, from feeling almost normal to being in a lot of pain and vomiting. I wasn't able to eat anything until after 8PM, and prior to that I was throwing up even though I'd eaten nothing. With Carrie's help I managed to get the dogs their shots, which will allow me to kennel them while I'm in Cleveland, if necessary. My flight is booked for 2PM on Tuesday. I intend to use all the assistance I can in the airport, because I cannot afford to be sick and in pain while traveling. I can only hope that the trip will be worth it, despite my trepidation over how things will go. At the very least it will be nice to see my grandparents, so it's impossible for the trip to be a total waste. I can only hope that I get a solution out of it. I keep trying to choose high calorie foods when I'm able to eat, but on days like today what I eat really isn't going to matter. And every day has been like to day for a while now. I know, I'm tired of complaining too, but I really don't have much else to talk about. This is what I do all day, try to manage whatever my body decides to throw at me.

I have another OB appointment on Thursday. They're keeping good tabs on me. At this point though, if we don't come up with something before the end of tax season, I'm going to make a case for admitting me back into the hospital. If things haven't improved by then we're going to have to take steps to make sure that I'm receiving nourishment and, in my opinion, I need to be receiving monitored treatment. We'll see what happens. I haven't lost hope that either of the pain doctors I will see next week will be able to help me.

I have to call TriCare tomorrow. They wouldn't pay for my last prescription of Stadol because it was "too soon." Using it at the maximum allowed dosage it lasts about 4.5 days. I should be able to get my refills after that point, so I'm going to be asking to be reimbursed. I also need to call my doctor for a new prescription, as I'm almost out of the bottle I got on Friday. Sad that I use so much? Yes. But there's nothing for it. If the doctors have a problem with that then they need to come up with something else that works better, don't they? I wish I could write more about the baby and the pregnancy, but at this point it's all related, and I am unable to do anything with my day but be sick.

0 comments:

Post a Comment