Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, April 23, 2010

Intelligender and Appointments

I had an appointment this morning, and we heard the heartbeat again! It's so cool every time. I am getting a bit of grief because my pain doctor in Cleveland prescribed me Oxycontin and prolonged use of it during me pregnant can leave to the baby going through withdrawal. However, as I explained to my midwife, no one is giving me any other options. My choices are take the pain medication or take nothing. Taking nothing isn't an option and as much as everyone loves to complain about my "choice" in medication, no one is willing to suggest something else. I told her that without the medication I was unable to take care of myself and it was unsafe for me to live alone. I would either need to live in a hospital or clinic with constant monitoring or I would need to nurse to be at the house at all times. She said she can't do that. I told her that basically I was being told to go home and suffer alone, and that is unacceptable. I am not happy about the potential effects on my baby, but what other choice do I have? None!

On a much more positive note, I took the Intelligender urine test this morning and it says that Baby Entropy is a boy! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what the ultrasound says in another four weeks, give or take a little.

0 comments:

Post a Comment