Sunday, April 11, 2010

11 weeks

So babycenter says that my baby is working on being two inches long this week. Two whole inches! I keep holding my thumb up to my abdomen and thinking, "No way!" How can there possibly be a baby that size in my belly already? How can baby be that big without showing yet? Wowzers!

I got a lot done today (for me). I sorted all the laundry that had been piling up, and managed to get a load done. I loaded and ran the dishwasher. And I was able to go out to Walgreens to get a freezie (my craving recently). On a downer note, my pump isn't working properly. I called the nurse and told her what was going on, but, of course, when I had her on the phone it worked fine. Five minutes later it was doing the same thing, but I haven't called back because, quite frankly, she was very condescending. She acted like what I was telling her couldn't possibly be what was happening, and she was patronizing when she was here earlier today too. She kept commenting on my housekeeping, as if I don't know my house is messy, and as if I have a choice in the matter. I do what I can when I can, and you would think she would have more sympathy for people in rough situations. AND she did a terrible job changing my bandage. I was having an allergic reaction to the tape adhesive and she didn't even go to the trouble of cleaning all of the adhesive off of my arm or off of the PICC line. And she left pieces out of the PICC line bandage. They were there when she took it off, I don't know why she didn't feel the need to replace what was there. It just makes her look sloppy, which is humorous, considering how big a deal she was making over my housekeeping. So I don't exactly feel like calling again. I'm just going to tough it out until Tuesday when Steve will be out. Hopefully I can manage without the pump till then. We'll see how it goes. If I can't, well, I suppose I'll break down and call to get help. What's annoying is I don't even feel like I can make a complaint, because every single time I've called the on-call nurse, it's been this woman. So if I complain, and I need to call them after hours again, I'm most likely stuck with someone who won't like me very much.

My nausea is dying down, for the moment. I'm hoping David will get online soon since I slept through him last night and he didn't get back on when he said he would this morning. I don't know what was up with that, except that NO ONE LEAVES HIM ALONE. He's too good at his job, so everyone relies on him for the answers to their problems. It makes talking to him really annoying, because he's constantly interrupted. Grrr. He says after his promotion he's making a Do Not Disturb sign. I told him that was a good idea, because otherwise I was going to find a way to get violent from a distance.

On a final note, these cats need to stop trying to walk on me. I'm more than willing to pet them, but they aren't happy unless they're crawling all over me, which will lead to me barfing all over them. Get online soon honey!


Post a Comment