Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Back in the Hospital

On Saturday morning, after suffering through the pain and vomiting all night, I went to the hospital again. I was admitted almost right away. They sent me to labor and delivery first, but now I'm somewhere more general. I've seen several different doctors, and I'm having lots of tests done, or at least the ones that can be done while I'm pregnant. The primary suspect, as I understand it, is sphincter of oddi dysfunction, which can not be tested for or treated until Hunter is born. And I don't know what the plan is to get me through until then. I was really frustrated about that earlier, because the doctors will come talk to me but not tell me everything that they have planned, so then a nurse comes in and says, "Oh, we need blood, " or "Oh, I'm taking you for an EEG," and I have no idea what's going on or why we're doing these test. Maybe it's not that important that I understand why we're doing the tests or what the might show us, but it's really disconcerting as a patient to not know what the plan of action is. I don't like not knowing what's going on.

At the very least, they are running tests and they aren't really thinking about discharging me yet. One doctor came in and mentioned it, but I corrected her very quickly. I'm not going to let them send me home until I'm ready. I won't sign discharge papers or anything until I'm sure I can be ok at home. I'm not going home just to get sick again, not willingly anyway.

I really wish I had more positive baby stuff to post. Unfortunately, this is what my life revolves around. So this is what I have to write about. And since I don't have much release except venting my feelings here, here it comes out. I really hope that when all this is over I can be a more positive person. It's really hard to be positive sometimes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment