Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Sleeping Habits

So Hunter was such a good sleeper...note the past tense. He would sleep for 3-5 hour stretches all night, so I was able to get plenty of sleep. Now, however, he doesn't like to stay asleep longer than two hours MAX unless I'm holding him. So after one night of continually being woken up and last night seeming to be following the same pattern after Grandma put him down for me and yet he still woke up within two hours, I fed him (growth spurt anyone?) and decided to break my own rules: I let him sleep with me on purpose. Usually he winds up sleeping with me because we've both fallen asleep while nursing. Last night I curled up holding him and just went with it. And, wow!, I got six hours of straight sleep. David got online, so when Hunter went back down I didn't, but he's been asleep for a little over an hour now, and I'm going to miss church because I don't have time to shower now. I should have done it last night.

Back on point though, I don't roll on him, or mush him, or suffocate him. We woke up in exactly the same spot that we fell asleep in. So yay for a successful night of mommy sleeping. I definitely needed it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment