Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Motherhood (and post 100)

This perfect little boy is mine. When does that finally sink in? And yet he's my whole world. He has blonde hair and blue eyes like his daddy. He has the cutest sneezes you've ever heard, which I'm still trying to capture on video. And he's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.

Right at this moment he's lying on my chest and I can't bring myself to get up to turn the light off because I'm enjoying cuddling so much. I'm getting tired but don't want to put him down.

Breastfeeding is going splendidly, we both seem naturally inclined. He sleeps like an angel. I have to wake him up most of the time. And he's already grown! I don't know exactly how much, but I can tell he has. David says he's an inch longer. He's probably surpassed his birth weight by now, seeing as he managed to gain 7oz between a Friday and a Monday doctors appointment. He has another one this Monday so then we'll know for sure.

I'll try to write more and post some pictures. Now that David has left I should have a little more free time. All of my time recently has been monopolized by my men. And I need something to take my mind off the loneliness of his being gone.

0 comments:

Post a Comment