Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Growth Spurt!

My baby has grown 30% in the past month. Not only has he grown in general, to a whopping 7lbs, 9oz, but he has gone from a steady 55th percentile to being in the 85th percentile now. So my doctor has moved up my induction to the night of the 22nd. We could also see plenty of breathing on the ultrasound, so I imagine they aren't terribly worried about his lungs maturity. So that means in 9 days I'm going to have a son! David is arriving on the 21st, so we are going to have less than two full days before Hunter comes into the world. I can't believe it's so soon! Before I know it I'm going to be walking into the hospital, crawling into a hospital bed, and having a baby. All of a sudden the days will have passed and it's going to be delivery day. Holy wowzers.

I have pictures to post, but I'm not sure where the camera has made it to. Now I'm going to write thank you notes for my baby showers. I was able to get a lot done to clear off my floor while Zach was here. One closet has been emptied and partially filled. Now I just need to get the other closet emptied so my wardrobe and boxes have somewhere to go. And then things will be pretty ready. I need to pick up some storage baskets, but other than that things are coming together. It's exciting! I can't wait to have my boys here with me, finally! I wish I had more exciting things to talk about, but I'm really just doing normal day to day stuff to get ready for the baby.

My ankles and feet are so super swollen. I'm been having problems with my right ankle around my scar. Whatever underlying problems with the tissue have remained after I broke it are much more obvious and sensitive now. I'm going to have to have someone take a look at it after the baby has come. I had my PCM in Colorado look at it, but he did a preliminary physical examination and dismissed the whole thing. There weren't x-rays or anything, so I have no idea how he came to the conclusion that nothing was wrong. I'm in pain, obviously something is wrong. But at this point I'm just complaining, and if I want to complain about pain I'll go off on my upper abdominal pancreatic pain. Because that is hurting like the dickens right now. My pain medications don't help much and the Ambien apparently hasn't kicked in yet. Ok, holy crap, it's really hurting, I'm going to wrap this up now so I don't keep going on about how much I hurt. Hopefully after the baby is born the pain will be lessened. I can only hope.

0 comments:

Post a Comment